Cable Lock

Yesterday, I forgot my keys. So anyway, what does that means without my key?

1) I had to woke my housemate to open the door. Yeah, she slept like a pig.
2) I came to work like usual and performed the usual work practices at the start of the day.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
What work practices?
Because of the nature of our work (mobile workers), we don't have our own cubicles. And that means we are like 21st century nomads, geared with our laptops. To protect the information and prevent thefts, we are instructed to lock up our laptops wherever we are, especially in client's site.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
So, when I was about to head home, I realized that I can't unlock my laptop! Holy molly. Then I had these thoughts that I have to leave it in the office, someone going to steal it, get the data, sell the data and then we got sued. Yeah, I have huge imagination.

But luckily, I realized that I've my cablelock on the station that's kinda..broken! And so, I just have to yank it hard and it came out effortlessly. Even though it defeated the purpose of keeping my laptop secured, I am glad I did that. And below is a picture of it, when I brought it home.

0 comments:

Post a Comment