Cheap lens for sale?

After rescuing my laptop from the wretched station, I went to meet my college friend for dinner. We arranged to meet at 7. I arrived at 6.30 but she only arrived at 7.30. Girl~

So while waiting, I walked around aimlessly and decided to check out the nearby camera store, Digital Express International Electronics Inc around 36W 35th st.
At first, I was just looking for a diffuser as it's harmless to buy diffuser in any store. It's cheaper and there's no need to worry for the grey market and used products. Apparently they carry it. So I just randomly asked whether they have this lens that I'm looking for.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'm currently looking for Nikon 18-55mm VR Lens. That's the most basic lens that a person could have for Nikon SLR and I guess it's sufficient for my need. I don't need telephoto as i take landscape/objects mostly and it's sharp enough.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
The guy is going to sell it for me for 120, retail for around 200. He claimed that it's new, USA model and he assured me that I have no problem with the warranty registration. His story is that somebody just bought the whole d80 kit, didn't want the kit lenses, and ordered a 1600 mm lens from him. The customer then gave the kits lenses to him (who's that stupid person?). The price is very cheap even if it's used.

Being an Auditor, I kept on drilling more information from him that he became rude. Then I noticed that there's fingerprint on the lens and he wanted to clean it with his shirt. Yup. What kind of sales rep will clean lens using his own shirt? That will scratch the lens (possibly)! And he keep on saying that even if I don't want it, someone is going to come tomorrow to buy it at 180 (either he's stupid or he tell lousy excuses). And the most important thing is...they claimed that there's no Nikon camera body to test the lens cause they have "Just-In-Time" inventory system. There's also no return but exchange policy (sounds like a bait-n-switch scheme).

Long story short, the whole thing is too shady, rude sale representative and doesn't seem to know much about camera. He first introduced himself as someone knowledgeable about camera (cause he's 45) and mocked me because I'm young but he gave the wrong price of the other lens, which was then corrected by his friend (and yeah, I do know that market price for that lens). So in the end, I pretended that I was going out to get cash (yeah, they are trying to avoid taxation but still charge me tax on it) and never returned.

0 comments:

Post a Comment